No doubt traveling is real fun, but exploring different places and creating hilarious memories with pets is an incredible experience. It cannot be denied that traveling with pets is a daunting and stressful task, but if proper measures are taken and tips are followed, then you can easily fly with your pet and make a great journey.
Some people think that pets are not the best match for jet setters. Do you also feel the same? If yes, then this article is meant for you. Scrolling down and reading this article, you will get to know that it is effortless to bring your pet with yourself and you can enjoy the trip with your pet beside the whole family.
Animals cannot talk. It’s your responsibility to make them feel comfortable and relaxed. So, make sure that whenever you plan to travel with your pet, you have all the essentials with you.
Putting the below-mentioned things in your bucket list will bring Fido along with a breeze. I guarantee, if you consider all the guidelines properly, then you will have a seamless journey with your loved ones, including your furry friend.
Tips to Fly with your Pet
Carry Some Comforts
No matter how you travel, what matters is your comfort and safety. It also applies while traveling with pets. If you want to make your pet feel comfortable with the new surroundings, then make sure you bring some comforts along with you. You may consider your pet’s usual toys, bedding, food, etc. with which they are familiar with. It will not only make them comfortable but also keep them busy as well.
Avoid Traveling Long Distances
You can easily tolerate traveling continuously, but it might create an awkward situation for your pet. Say, if you are traveling on a car, try to make frequent stops so that your pet can come out of their carriers and get itself relaxed.
But, if you are planning to travel on a plane and don’t want to make your pet loaded and unloaded time and again, then try to book a direct flight.
Familiarize Yourself with Pet Policies
If you are planning to fly and create good memories with your pet, then make sure you read the airline’s pet policy before traveling. It will help you to know which things are allowed to bring while traveling in planes and the things that need to be avoided.
If you will consider the airline’s pet policies, then you would be able to reduce issues that you might face at the airport. Also, look at the top airlines to travel with your pet hassle-free.
Get Travel Insurance for Your Pet
There is no denying the fact that we all worry about our safety while traveling. What about your furry friend going with you? They also need to feel safe while traveling in plans.
So, to make them feel comfortable and secure, purchase travel insurance before you take off. If your pet faces any issue while traveling, you need to worry about the bucks as it covers all the needful.
Carry Huge Pet Carrier
If you want to make your pet feel comfortable, then don’t forget to carry a suitable pet carrier. It will allow you to provide enough space for your pet and make it feel relaxed while traveling.
On an additional note, make sure you know the airline dimensions you are planning to travel with. It will help you to choose the right pet carrier of appropriate size.
Carrying your pet in a carrier while traveling will not only minimize the stress but also keep them stable. Additionally, try to purchase the carrier which has a securing seatbelt. It will not allow your pet to slide all over the place but also make your travel much safer.
Editor’s Note: Check out these Amazing Travel Accessories in Amazon Under $20!
What to Pack?
Whenever you plan to travel with your furry friend, there are chances that you might see “PACKING” as the most challenging task. Normally, I carry unusual items which escalate the baggage weight and airfare.
What I suggest is start packing your bags before 2-3 days before the departure dates. This tactic will help you to pack all the essential items without exceeding the baggage weight.
Now, the point is what things an individual should include in their checklist to have comfortable and safe travel with your pet. Firstly you need to focus on the food and other comfort items that your pet will require while traveling. Now, let’s take an in-depth knowledge about the things that you cannot miss while traveling with pets.
- Portable food with Food Container
- Medical documents and certificates
- If you are planning a long trip, make sure you have pet medication
- Your pet’s bedding (a blanket or cushion)
- Sheet to cover the bed
- Your pet’s favorite toys
- Lint remover
- Travel carrier
- Towel to clean the mess
- Water bottle
- Grooming supplies, etc.
So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and make the reservations to experience easy traveling.
Say if you are planning to fly overseas, you may consider Air Canada to make your pet feel safe and comfortable. Also, if you want to travel without digging deep into your pockets, make Air Canada reservations in advance via credit or debit cards.
You may consider Faremart- an online booking platform to book the best seat for you and your pet easily and at an affordable cost. It has access to 450+ airlines, offers 24*7 customer support, and best discount offers to their seekers.
Editor’s Note: Check out these 21 amazing things to do in Santa Cruz, California!
Remember: Before Leaving Home
- Nobody can live without water. Similarly is with your pet. They cannot stay much longer without drinking water and need it after a specific interval of time. So when we travel, there are chances that you might not get water. Then what to do?
One day before your departure date, freeze a dish of water as it will nor spill while traveling. As time passes, it will melt accordingly, and you will be able to provide water to your pet and make him feel comfortable.
- Making your pet feel fresh and light is another essential thing that you cannot miss before leaving home. Don’t forget to exercise your pet. This way, your pet will not only feel refreshed but also will be more likely to fall asleep in the flight during the night. Moreover, they will not disturb you during your journey.
- Clean your pet well and make sure you take them to the veterinarian for a health checkup. You will get to know whether they want any treatments and immunization or not. If necessary, take the treatment right away to minimize the problems that you might face while traveling.
- Take a clear picture of your pet with yourself so that if your pet gets lost, you have something to prove your ownership. Make sure you carry the photo with you before you leave home. To get more assured, you can also attach one copy to their crate.
- Analyze whether your pet is fit to travel or not. Various animals cannot handle long-duration flights. It’s your responsibility that your pet behaves well and does not create any nuisance within the journey. Therefore, before leaving your home, make sure you keep your pet calm by giving proper training to him. If your pet is a dog and you are unfamiliar with how to train him for perfect traveling, then make sure you read these 5 training tips. These tips will help you to train your dog well and travel without any hassle.
Wrapping It Up
Traveling with your furry friend is a fantastic experience only if it’s done with proper planning. If you do not consider the essential factors before making your next trip with your pet, then there are chances that you might have to face various difficulties which will lead to a bad experience that you would never love to experience time and again.
Hopefully, this guide will make your trip a fantastic experience. So, try to follow all the tips and hacks as it will make your first trip an epic adventure and an unforgettable memory.
If you have other points that avid travelers should consider while traveling with your pet, then feel free to share in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share your traveling experience with your pet below.
Go ahead…. Enjoy Traveling with your Furry Friend. Check out my comprehensive backpacking guide to Nepal if you’re interested!